Join the TSS Yahoo Group!

Friday, March 27, 2009

Bloom Where you Grow

Well, this is definitely outside of my comfort zone. I HATE my handwriting. I decided to do a small 5x5 inch canvas piece with my writing on it. Thought it would be a "good for me" type-of-thing. Still hate it.......... LOL
-------------------
I love these UTEE pieces, though!! Great colors...... and hey, I needed to use that pink canvas that I had sitting on a shelf in my room for, oh, a YEAR!!!
--------------------
The UTEE pieces are made by placing a "greased up*" cookie cutter on a rubber stamp (all stamp textures are by I Brake for Stamps) and pouring the UTEE into the cutter directly onto the rubber stamp. I love how the leaves turned out. The flower is a rather subtle image, but I still like it! :)
--------------------
The blue edges are Marvy Metallic Paint Pen and the icky handwriting is Sharpie.
--------------------
Thank you for participating in my failed therapy session! :)

4 comments:

  1. Susan, it looks like some good therapy was done. Hope you feel better now...ROFLOL. Love ya, Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. This piece is charming and so personal. I do know that your family will treasure this piece BECAUSE it has your handwriting on it. I treasure every piece of handwriting I have of my deceased mother, father and brother.

    Norma Davenport

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a wonderful piece! Your flower and leaves did turn out great! Your handwriting is very nice...despite what you say!

    Take Care - Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your handwriting looks like a special font made just for this piece. I like it. A lot!! In fact I like the whole thing. So refreshing to see something so cheery. -- Hugs from Martha Rose

    ReplyDelete