Join the TSS Yahoo Group!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

More Embossed Metal..... Purty Flowers

Holy Posting, Batman!  2 in one day?????  I think I'm done for the year!  LOL

Here are a few more pieces I did the other day on my "art play day".  I took some aluminum sheet metal (in a roll) and cut out shapes with my Sizzix Big Kick.  Then I embossed the metal using Ten Seconds Studio molds and a couple of Cuttlebug Embossing folders.  Then I painted with the Tim Holtz Adirondack Paint Dabbers(by Ranger).  Love the colors of this paint!! :)  After the paint dried, I sanded the flowers/leaves so the embossed pattern shows up nicely! :) 
The great thing about using metal is that you can then bend and fold the pieces to give a really nice 3D effect.  I have the flowers/leaves arranged on a canvas board that I colored waaaaaaaaay back when dinos walked the earth.  I do believe I used some of my homemade color wash on it! :)  Now, I just need to find the perfect photo and frame it up!!!!

8x10 Canvas board with metal flowers:

Close up of the flowers and leaves:

Heavy Moving and Metal!!

Well, let's see............
Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, Happy MLK Day, Happy Presidents Day, Happy Valentines Day, and Happy St. Patty's Day.  Whew!!!!  I think I'm all caught up now! :)
Let's just say.........moving is NOT fun!!
Waaaaaaaaay back in December, I got a whole bunch of Ten Seconds Studios toys for Xmas.  (If you have not seen a "Taco Tuesday", you must go check out the site!!  Fantastic product and tutorials....and, a terrific blog!!)  I have finally been able to find some time to play with them a little.  Here is one piece I did.  I just have to find the rest of my "stuff" so I can mount it for a wall display! :)

I started with a Fred Mullett fish stamped on the back of the metal in StazOn ink.  I then embossed the outline, fins, and face.  I was going to try and emboss all of the little scales, but decided that my refiner was not small enough to do them justice.  So, I improvised and "filled in" my fish with one of Ten Seconds Studios molds. (Big Mama Alphabet Mold:  BM05)  Then I refined, sanded, and did a touch of Payne's Grey acrylic paint over the image.  I then used one of my texture wheels to add the "water" around the fish.  I'm pretty happy with it for my first try! :)

Here is the stamped image of the fish on the back of the metal:

Here is the front: