Join the TSS Yahoo Group!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

More Embossed Metal..... Purty Flowers

Holy Posting, Batman!  2 in one day?????  I think I'm done for the year!  LOL

Here are a few more pieces I did the other day on my "art play day".  I took some aluminum sheet metal (in a roll) and cut out shapes with my Sizzix Big Kick.  Then I embossed the metal using Ten Seconds Studio molds and a couple of Cuttlebug Embossing folders.  Then I painted with the Tim Holtz Adirondack Paint Dabbers(by Ranger).  Love the colors of this paint!! :)  After the paint dried, I sanded the flowers/leaves so the embossed pattern shows up nicely! :) 
------------------------------
The great thing about using metal is that you can then bend and fold the pieces to give a really nice 3D effect.  I have the flowers/leaves arranged on a canvas board that I colored waaaaaaaaay back when dinos walked the earth.  I do believe I used some of my homemade color wash on it! :)  Now, I just need to find the perfect photo and frame it up!!!!
==========================

8x10 Canvas board with metal flowers:



Close up of the flowers and leaves:

4 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS creations!!! LOVE the colored metal and the embossing!!!! Have done some of that with my cuttlebug and the look is AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice....I made some flowers out of a plastic milk jug the other day with my big Kick and a flower die....heat the edges with the heat gun and watch the edges curl up...very cool and fun..Jamina

    ReplyDelete