Join the TSS Yahoo Group!

Friday, February 1, 2008

Misc. Background Papers

Found a background paper in my stash that I forgot to share! :) Shame on me!!!
Also worked on some new Watercolor Texture backgrounds this week, and one "Kitchen Sink" background! :) :)
Below are some piccys of the papers. I took close ups (about 1/4 of the whole paper) so you can see the detail!
For "uber" detail, click on the photo!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is the background that I did a while ago. I mixed up some coffee grounds with diluted Matte Medium and smeared over a textured watercolor paper. After it dried, I rubbed off the excess "crumbs" and then sprayed the paper with Moon Shadow Mist (the walnut ink with a secondary shimmer color mixed in from Lindy's Stamping Gang)
======================================
Here are 3 Textured Watercolor backgrounds that I did. I did a "wet on wet" watercolor wash over the paper. After I got the colors spread out how I liked, I then covered part of the paper with saran wrap, wax paper, and bubble wrap. When using this technique with watercolors, you must wait until the paint has completely dried before pulling off the papers and wraps!
Purple, Blues, and Magenta:
This one was based off of a picture of an arched window. Yellows, Oranges, Ochre, and Sienna Brown:
Yellow and Purple:
=======================================
Here is my Kitchen Sink Background! LOL!!!! On watercolor paper: Smear diluted acrylic paints. Let Dry. Paint through stencils (punchinella) with Distress Crackle Paint and acrylic paints. Let Dry. Noodle brush some Lumiere Copper paint. Let Dry. Sponge and "smoosh" more Lumiere paint in Indigo and Metallic Green.
Voila!! Paper a la Kitchen Sink!

4 comments:

  1. Oh I am loving these backgrounds... oh yes, I am definitely trying these out, especially the yellow and purple with saran and stuff - thanks so much for explaining how to do it... fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those textured watercolour backgrounds - must have a go at that
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- these are amazing backgrounds. Backgrounds are my favorite thing to make.

    ReplyDelete