As with many of my art projects, this started as something much different! :) I was hoping to make an altered book as a baby gift......it started off OK, but as soon as I added paint to the first page I got a ton of page buckling................sigh............ (I have since ordered a cool blank chipboard book to alter instead.)
I decided to turn this book into my "Experimental Altered Book". On the new Yahoo group: The Latest Trends in Mixed Media Arts, there is a Monthly Altered Book Challenge. The October Challenge is "Dots".
So, here you have it folks, my "take" on the Dots Theme:
* I base painted the pages with thinned Yellow Acrylic paint.
* I blotted some blue acrylic paint over the yellow with a paper towel.
* I added some homemade colorwash sprays (rubbing alcohol and StazOn Ink reinkers) in red, orange and yellow.
* I added some drops of Ultramarine Blue StazOn ink directly from the reinker bottle.
* I closed the book and smooshed the pages together and quickly reopened. I blotted the blue StazOn puddles with kleenex. Well, the kleenex stuck to the ink! LOL!!! Not to worry........acrylic wash to the rescue!!
* I went over the pages again with a thinned yellow acrylic paint wash to blend the kleenex into the page! :)
* I added a few more paper towel blots of red acrylic paint.
* I used some different sized punchinella to stencil on some dark and light blue acrylic paints.
* I glued on the images, added the wording with a label maker and finally added some White Sailor Pen dots!