Join the TSS Yahoo Group!

Friday, December 19, 2008

Xmas Project for my Folks! :)

Whew!!!!! I have conceptualized this project since October. But, you know me......... much thought, not a lot of action. (well, creativity-wise) I'm really happy with the result. I started the project once, had to rip everything off and start over.
=======================

So, here it is....... the "COOKIE" project! :) :) :)


====================


I was thinking that most grandparents get all of the really nice, clean, immaculate pictures of their grandkids. Now, come on people, we all KNOW that isn't the "real" story!! :) I decided to give my parents a "reality" brag book for their wall (well, maybe their closet???!!!! )


=========================


I found this saying last year "In the cookies of life, sisters are the chocolate chips". I modified it slightly to fit this project.


====================


I downloaded copies of pictures and cropped down to similar sizes. Pasted them all together into a word document and then had them laser copied. I cut them into 4.5x4.5 inch pieces and mounted onto primed masonite. (the finished piece is 12 inches x 12 inches). I used my Xyron to adhere the panels to the masonite. I then matted and Xyron'd the focal picture to the piece. Used my new Cricut to cut the flower layers. (Drilled holes into the masonite to fit the hanging rings BEFORE I adhered the pictures). I used picture hanging wire covered with fiber to hang the piece.
==============


Voila!






Here is a close up of one of the hanging rings:







Close ups of the flower corners...... ;)





Comments always welcome. Please leave me your email address so I can get back to you!!


HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

27 comments:

  1. Oh Susan, How wonderful! The grandparents will love it. I love how you didn't use studio pictures. The unplanned ones are great. I'd love to see the expressions on their faces!
    cnd2006@windstream.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much fun is this!!!!!!! They will be thrilled and I know you can't wait to give it to them, lovely work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, this is so awesome. Great job. That looks like alot of hard work. WTG.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat idea!!! Thanks for sharing.
    Lou
    lourdesfay@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a thoughtful gift!! I might have to steal that idea, but our family has no grandparents left. Maybe I could do parents for the kids - that would be a hoot!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! This is beautiful and what a wonderful idea and I love the wording. If you don't mind I think I am going to make one and steal your idea. For grandparents day. TFS
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are going to LOVE it!!! Wish there were someone creative to make something like that for me...LOL I will have to just make one for myself, I guess!!! Thanks for sharing it and I know that feeling when it is finally done!!! HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Susan - what a terrific idea, and I love how it turned out - they're going to LOVE it!

    Wishing you all the best,
    Chris in OlyWA

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful gift!! Much better than studio pics!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Susan . . . what a WONDERFUL and SPECIAL gift to the grandparents!!! They will FLIP over it!!! I know I did!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Susan,
    They are going to love it. judym

    ReplyDelete
  12. Susan you've done it again. It is the most stunning present your parents are about to receive. What a loving daughter you are. Thanks for the share. Love, Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Susan! I love how you made the quote fit for your family and photos (which are adorble, by the way)! Your parents will love this work of art! Erin Glee from ATT Group : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cool idea!!!! I'm going to have to file a note away for next year to do for my MIL. Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is so cool!!!!!! I'm sure they'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a wonderful gift for the grandparents. I love the collage look...all those photos of the children. Don't you love it when you have an idea and it works out? I think they are going to love it. And you should be very proud of all your work!
    Diane Quinlan
    dianequinlan@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fantastic idea and a gift to be cherished for sure! It doesn't getter better than the messy silly faces of those little ones we love so much!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your parents are going to love this gift! It should really bring a smile to their face!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Incredible - your parent's are going to be overwhelmed - what a perfect gift. Your work & gift is filled with the Holiday Sprit of Love.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Susan love your project...and how inventive and creative with the journaling..
    connie paxman

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think they are absolutely going to LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How wonderful, and the fact you had a dog or two in there really makes it special!!! Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  23. How wonderful, and the fact you had a dog or two in there really makes it special!!! Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The grandparent will love it for sure. Great job Susan

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is FABULOUS!!! You are so talented and creative- thanks for sharing with and inspiring all of us!

    Hope

    ReplyDelete
  26. Susan,
    I so enjoy your blog. The work you do and the approach you take is so fun ( as well as creative)
    and you still have time to share your work and the work of others with your IFS family.
    Thanks
    nancy_dees@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete