Join the TSS Yahoo Group!

Friday, March 21, 2008

Another "Flooring Sample" Collage w/ Faux Dichroic Piece

I made another collage using another free Flooring Sample I got from my run to Home Depot the other day. This is also a Cork Flooring sample.....it is called "Mocha". I smeared Purple StazOn all over the base. I inked the edges with with Galaxy Gold Brilliance ink. I used the heat gun to set the ink and I got a few small bubbles.......must be the laminate that is bubbling......
I stamped the Mona image (I Brake for Stamps) in Galaxy Gold and embossed with gold powder. I then took one of my Faux Dichroic pieces that I made a while ago and re-heated w/ my gun. I then stamped the Mona image into the liquid UTEE. (also with the Brilliance Galaxy Gold)
This piece was a $%*&^%$&#*^%$^ to photograph. With all of the shiny gold and shiny foils and UTEE, it looks pretty terrible in the pics....... sigh....... it really does have a neat look in person.
I have posted 2 photos......one w/out a flash (1st) and one with a flash (2nd). The colors are true in the 1st photo and you can see the textures quite well in the 2nd photo......
Without flash
With flash..........

3 comments:

  1. These are great Susan. Love to see what you are playing with since you always seem to be experimenting with different mediums.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan... this is extraordinary. So beautiful! I must have a look at your other post and see what Faux Dichroic is!! Thanks for sharing your creative process! Hugs, Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  3. As the "Queen of Free," I often experiment using freebies from Lowes and Home Depot. However, I've never seen these free floor samples. You did an awesome job, and by taking both photos, I got a much better idea of the piece.

    As always, your work is stunning and you are never afraid to experiment. Keep motivating us all.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete