Join the TSS Yahoo Group!

Monday, March 12, 2007

UTEE Frame and Tag Technique

I played with more UTEE yesterday. I did some "Frame and Tag" art. I really like how the colors marble and swirl together when you pour them out onto the craft sheet.
Instructions: Melt 2-4 colors of UTEE and a sprinkling of Flex in your Melting Pot. After everything is COMPLETELY melted, gently swirl the mixture together. (Do not overmix.......I only did 1 "S" stir and that was it) Pour a freeform oval/circle onto your non-stick craft sheet. Quickly place a metal cookie cutter (smeared generously with clear embossing ink--as a release agent) into the puddle of UTEE. Push the cookie cutter in FIRMLY. After completely cooled, remove the cookie cutter and cut out piece of UTEE. Place photo/picture under opening (Frame) and use your cut out (Tag) to embellish the piece! :)
Have fun!!
Can you guess who is behind the Star Frame????



In this sample, the Frame was made with a Flower-shaped cookie cutter. The Tags were made with 2 leaf cookie cutters.

2 comments:

  1. Your work is awesome..I first some on Technique Junkies, and I always look for your posts..I have no idea what Utee is, but I love what you did with it..thanks for sharing..Mary Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful piece of art !! I love the fairy!!

    ReplyDelete