Join the TSS Yahoo Group!

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

2 Cards for the Sonoma County Fair

Hi Everyone!!!
I always try to enter a few projects in our local County fair. This year I made 2 cards, a magnet, a pin, and an altered laminate tag.
Here are the 2 cards.
=======================
The first (the rose card) is entered under the "simple" category. Only paper and ink are allowed. I just love this rose image from Toybox Art Stamps! :) The colors are a bit bright, but it was fun to put together!!
I stamped the rose with clear embossing ink and colored by chalk pouncing. I then overstamped the rose with white pigment ink.
The second card is entered under the "embellished" category. All materials are allowed. I made this tag a few months ago and liked it enough to use it as the focal point of my card. I added some layers, corner punches, and colored edging and that is about it.
Normally both my kids enter items in the fair, too. This year my daughter has 3 big summer assignments due the first day of 9th grade. She is only entering veggies and herbs this year. My son made a "mini bullwhip", 2 lego creations, and a diorama. He'll also enter veggies/herbs and some chocolate chip cookies. We always have a lot of fun trying to find all of our creations at the fair!!
Thanks for looking!
xoxoxoxoo

4 comments:

  1. how do you find out how to enter items in the fair for years I have noticed ppl talking about it and yet I haven't been able to figure it out for our county fair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your rose card. It's absolutely beautiful! Your tag is great too. You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please check out my blog, I have an award for you!
    best,
    paulo
    http://scale-files.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan,Love your card with the rose. It is amazing!

    ReplyDelete