Join the TSS Yahoo Group!

Friday, January 21, 2011

Back in the Saddle...........

Howdy!!  Hope you all had a wonderful holiday season!!  Happy New Year and all that jazz!
I have been having fun playing with my Digi Scrapping software and my new cutting toys!  I bought a Gypsy to go with my Cricut Expression.  (How sad is this...... it was so cheap [$49.99] that I bought it without REALLY knowing what it did....... LOL)  For some reason Michael's had a Cricut blowout... cartridges for $9.99, the Gypsy and Create for $49.99, and some other accessories super cheap.  So, I indulged and have been playing! :)
Here are 2 little projects that I have done.
The "Chick Card" is for my girlfriend that moved away to Colorado.  She raises and shows chickens.  I think she'll get a big kick out of it:


This next project is my first Wordbook.  My daughter is going to her best friends B-day party tomorrow.  She wanted a mini album to give her.  I designed this wordbook in the Gypsy and cut on my Cricut.  I embossed the top layer of the letter with a Sizzix Texture Impression folder.  I think it give it a little "somethin'"  :)
My daughter will decorate/embellish/add photos for Brianne.  (I figure you already know her name!  LOL)



Close up of embossed texture. 


Book open.  I made sure to have decorative paper on both sides and I also did the letter on both sides.  :)


Overall I'm pretty happy with it.  Some things I would definately do differently next time...... but, I appreciate my daughter chosing her best buddy as my guinea pig!  :) :) :)


No comments:

Post a Comment