Join the TSS Yahoo Group!

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

2 Sonoma County Fair Entries

It's Sonoma County Fair time again!! :)  The kids and I have been entering "stuff" in the fair for several years now.  We are putting the finishing touches on our entries.  This kid's stuff is almost ready.  My stuff???.......  I am blowing on my glue and trying to make it dry before we have to turn stuff in tomorrow!  LOL
==========================

Here are 2 of my projects.  First, a copper leaf "sculpture".  I stamped the copper with real grape leaves. (used black acrylic paint)   I cut out the leaves by hand.  I used the Ten Seconds Studio Salt and Vinegar Chips Patina method.  Then I ran all of the leaves through my Big Shot with a different Tim Holtz Texture Fade folder.  I did a little sanding.......... sealed with PYMII......... 
Then I glued all 4 leaves onto a grape branch. (the branch has been treated with 2 coats of glossy wood sealer)
and......... voila!
Copper Sculpture! ;)
===============================

(you can click on picture for a close up)


Close up of Leaf 1


Close up of Leaf 2


Close up of Leaf 3


Close up of Leaf 4


My second entry this year is a UTEE/Idea-ology Magnet.  I used a UTEE piece that I made a long time ago and added some Tim Holtz goodies.  :)  A quick and fun piece!!



I have 2 more entries that are still drying!    I'll post pics of those shortly! :)
Toodles for now!


3 comments:

  1. Wow!! These are both gorgeous pieces!! Don't tell the judges just how easy they were :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pieces, Susan, love the copper leaves. And the UTEE piece is awesome! Good luck! The kid's entries are adorable, very talented kids you have! Good luck to them as well!

    ReplyDelete